Nagroda im. Prof. Jana Czochralskiego is organized by the Rector of Warsaw University of Technology. The purpose of the Award is to promote the outstanding achievements of Professor Jan Czochralski and to promote diploma / doctoral projects of undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the scientific and technical domain of Professor Jan Czochralski and other scientists exploring the same field. Professor Jan Czochralski Award is awarded in three categories: individual or team award for outstanding scientific and/or applied achievements; award for the best doctoral dissertation; award for the best diploma project (undergraduate or graduate).
All projects / dissertations in the scientific and technical domain of Professor Jan Czochralski are eligible. Particularly welcome are those dealing with the following issues:
- crystallization and recrystallization processes,
- obtaining and analysis of the structure, properties and possible uses of monocrystals,
- obtaining and characterization of bearing alloys,
- methods of analyzing metallic alloy structure,
- elastic and plastic deformations of metals,
- corrosion tests coupled with strength tests,
- light metal alloys, their structure, properties and possible uses.
Projects / dissertations in the areas not mentioned above but also linked to the scientific and technical fields explored by Professor Jan Czochralski (if confirmed in his publications or other sources) are also eligible.